Problem: A northern New England pharmaceutical manufacturer required a new high purity water loop to supply ASTM Type 1 A water at a flow rate of 20 GPM to multiple points of use within separate laboratories. Low conductivity city water supply was available for system supply.
Solution: Pure Flow designed a high purity water system that featured the following key components:
- Multi-media filtration for sediment removal (fleck valve)
- Carbon pre-treatment for de-chlorination (fleck valve)
- GE E4 DLX Reverse Osmosis (rated to 5 GPM of permeate)
- 500 Gallon storage tanks with Flowline ultrasonic level controls
- Grundfos distribution pump
- Aquafine SL series UV
- Service DI tanks
- MarCor Fiber Flow sub-micron final filtration
- Thornton online TOC and resistivity monitoring
The site now has a high purity water loop that consistently meets ASTM Type 1a quality requirements. Pure Flow provides planned maintenance (PM) to ensure that bacteria and endotoxin levels are contained to requirements.