Problem: A New England-based hydroponic agriculture operation desired consistent water quality to feed growing tanks. Tanks required feed water with a precise dosing of nutrients. Feed water bacteria reduction and mold spore elimination were key concerns as well. Supply was inconsistent as water was used to top up tanks but was also required in large batches to refill tanks after tanks are drained and cleaned. Supply of 10 GPM was required for filling growing tanks.
Solution: Pure Flow designed an RO system with the following components:
- Cartridge-based pre-filtration for sediment removal
- Softener for feed hardness reduction
- Carbon for chlorine removal
- RO GE/Suez E4 Platform Reverse Osmosis - 4” Vertical RO
- Storage tank with continuous recirculation through Aquafine 254nm UV
- Sub-micron final filtration
The system performed well and Pure Flow was engaged to provide a duplicate solution for an expansion project.